Photography and Art

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Windows Vista Update

A couple of posts ago, I talked about my experiences installing Windows Vista on my home computer. Here are a couple of updates:

  • Epson still hasn't released the Vista drivers for the R1800 or R800, but I discovered that the XP drivers still work. I installed them and all is fine - the paper profiles were copied over during the Vista installation, so only the driver has to be re-installed. Much to my wife's chagrin, the printer is alive, burning through ink and paper once again.
  • The latest update to Vista seems to have issues with my hardware. Prior to the update, I could put my computer into a sleeping state or hibernate it. Now, the computer re-boots when I try to put it to sleep and it also seems to sporadically re-boot itself when left alone for any period of time. I suspect that this has something to do with Vista interacting with my hardware and trying to save energy.
On the good news front, the system works pretty well and performance on my 2.8GZ, 1 GB machine is quite satisfactory.


No comments:

Post a Comment