Photography and Art

Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Snowy Day in Toronto

The forecasters were wrong, but this time we had more snow than expected. Usually when we are promised a snowfall, it all goes south to Buffalo. I headed downtown to try out my new tilt/shift lens and new tripod and head on the flatiron building. The snow started to thin a little as I set up, but the large skyscrapers of the city are still slightly obscured by snowflakes. The shift of the lens makes the sides of the building less tapered and more natural looking.


I'm very happy with the way this turned out. The lens appears to be very sharp and has nice contrast. My new carbon fibre tripod and geared head were a pleasure to use and provided a solid platform for the shot. I like the way the snow surrounds the building like an island and also the way that the background buildings seem almost monochromatic compared to the flatiron building.

1 comment: